Ares Course Reserves (Readings)
Ares Course Reserves provides you with a personalized list of reserve readings for your courses, including online and traditional print resources. Ares is used for face-to-face and online courses.
Getting Started ...
- Log into your course with Blackboard, the JIBC eLearning software.
- Select your course.
- Click on the Course Reserve/Course Reading link to display readings available for that course.
- If the Course Reserve/Course Readling link is not displayed, there are no reserves for that specific course.
- Click on a title to view its current status.
- Most Course Reserve readings are available online and can be viewed just by clicking View this Item.
- Some items must be picked up from the Reserve Desk, such as books or DVDs.
- Click on Current Availability to view the location and status of these items.
- Note the call number of the item you wish to borrow and present it to Reserve Desk staff.
- You can create a My Hot List of the course reserve readings you use most often.
- You can click on a tag the instructor has assigned to a reading, to get a list of only those items with that specific tag.
- You can assign tags to help you group or sort relevant readings.
- You can sign up for Notifications, so that you are advised, via email, when a new reading is added to the course.
If you are having any technical problems, visit the JIBC's Getting Help for eLearning page.
Last updated January 18, 2019