Join Team JIBC in the Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon & 5k - Group Charity Challenge
Help us achieve our fundraising goal to provide support for JIBC students, equipment, programs, and research on June 24, 2012
We are inviting participants to join Team JIBC in the Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon & 5k – Group Charity Challenge.
- A JIBC student, graduate, staff, faculty, friend or supporter?
- A runner or walker and someone who has a large network of contacts?
- Looking for a way to help raise awareness and funds to educate the first responders, volunteers, and professionals who support safer communities?
- Interested in creating a challenging but realistic personal fitness goal?
We are building a team of dedicated runners/walkers and have a code for ten free entries into the half-marathon or 20 free entries into the 5K, or a combination of the two (i.e. ten free entries in the 5k and five free entries in the half-marathon). Please contact us at email@example.com and let us know why you want to run or walk for Team JIBC and help us achieve our fundraising goal to provide support for JIBC student, equipment, programs, and research!
Group Charity Challenge Prizing
Scotiabank will provide:
- $5,000 to the charity with the highest fundraising total
- $5,000 to the charity with the largest fundraising team (minimum $10 per member raised)
- $5,000 to the charity with the most raised per runner average (minimum 10 members)
- Plus $2,000 to the charity of the top individual fundraiser
The Half Marathon is a scenic downhill course from UBC to Stanley Park, with a 7:30am start time. The 5k is a scenic loop in Stanley Park with a 9:30am start time.
Further details on the courses, including interactive maps, can be found on the Scotiabank event website.
Last updated April 4, 2017