Team JIBC Success in the Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon & 5k Charity Challenge
Update: close to $9,000 raised
Update: Team JIBC has raised nearly $9,000 with 137 sponsors to date by participating in the Scotiabank Half Marathon & 5k on Sunday, June 23, 2013. Thank you to all the runners, walkers, volunteers, staff, board members, friends, family and supporters who came out on such a beautiful, fun day to support JIBC!
More information and photos on the Team JIBC Scotiabank web page.
For the second year, JIBC is participating in the Vancouver Scotiabank Half-Marathon & 5k Charity Challenge and we need you to join us. Last year we raised over $10,000 in much-needed funds for awards, scholarships and bursaries for JIBC students. This year we are aiming to raise $15,000, and 100% of the funds raised by our team support JIBC.
- A JIBC student, graduate, staff, faculty, friend or supporter?
- A runner or walker and someone who has a large network of contacts?
- Looking for a way to help raise awareness and funds to educate the first responders, volunteers, and professionals who support safer communities?
- Interested in creating a challenging but realistic personal fitness goal?
We are building a team of dedicated runners and walkers with limited free entries for fundraisers. Please email us and let us know if you want to help us achieve our fundraising goal!
Register as a fundraiser
In order to register as a fundraiser you need to agree to raise a minimum of $100 in pledges.
Register as a runner/walker
If you’d like to be a part of our team but not raise funds, register directly on the Scotiabank marathon website. Even if you don’t make a donation, select JIBC Foundation under Scotiabank Charity Challenge to show your support and affiliation.
Charity Challenge Prizing
In addition, Scotiabank will provide:
- $5,000 to the charity with the highest fundraising total
- $5,000 to the charity with the largest fundraising team
- $5,000 to the charity with the most raised per runner average
- Plus $2,000 to the charity of the top individual fundraiser
Last updated April 4, 2017