Training and Support
There are many opportunities for training and support for students and instructors at JIBC. Check the schedule on this page for upcoming online or face-to-face workshops.
If you're looking for specific training and can't locate it in the schedule or resources, please send us a training request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Training Sessions
|Workshop Name & Description||Date||Time||Location|
|Team-Based Learning Activity||April 11||11:45 - 13:15||NWCL 135|
We regularly archive our training materials and videos. Please review the material below - you might be able to get the training you need just by reading this content.
Archived Training Sessions:
|Workshop Name & Description||Date|
|Absolutely Fabulous Apps: Evernote||June 19, 2014|
|Popcorn Maker||April 23, 2015|
|Write On! Your Course Outline|
May 21, 2015
October 20, 2015
November 24, 2015
February 11, 2016
March 10, 2016
May 6, 2016
October 13, 2016
October 16, 2017
February 9th, 2018
- Blackboard 9
- Adobe Connect:
- Blue Jeans
- WordPress 101
- Teaching in a Digital Age - Guidelines for Designing Teaching and Learning by Tony Bates (Free Online Book, webinar series also available at teachonline.ca/teachingwebinars )
- ETUG Workshops and Events
- Microsoft Office Training and Tutorials
- Digital Toolkit
- Faculty Resources
- Learning Commons - The JIBC Learning Commons is your online information source to help you reach your educational goals. Find information on writing, studying, technology and more.
- Research Help - A collection of resources to help you gather and organize trustworthy information that is relevant to your research.
- Academic Impressions - A series of recorded webcasts done by Academic Impressions. JIBC faculty and students can borrow these from the library for viewing.
- iPad: Effective use in the Classroom
- Engaging and Retaining Online Students: (Session 1) Approaches to Engaging, Connecting, and Retaining Online Students
- Engaging and Retaining Online Students: (Session 2) Using Data and Metrics to Improve Student Persistence
Last updated April 24, 2018