Sign up to receive the 10:8 Newsletter.
Most Recent Issue
- What's New for Police in the Library
- Training & Experience Key Factors in Assessing Reasonable Suspicion
- Driver Not Compelled to Empty Pocket: Arrest & Search Lawful
- Nervousness + Air Freshener + Slight Marihuana Odour = RGB
- Illicit Drug Overdose Deaths on the Rise 6.0
- Co-Habitant Consent Informed & Voluntary: Search Lawful
- Police Presence Lawful: Gun Seizures Authorized by s. 489(2) CCC
- Third Party Consent to Enter Lawful but Search of 'Stuff" Not Authorized
- Factors Insufficient to Provide Reasonable Suspicion for Detention & K9 Sniff
- External Learning Opportunities
- Sender Maintained Privacy Interest in Text Message on Recipient's Phone
Unless otherwise noted all articles are authored by Mike Novakowski, MA, LLM. The articles contained herein are provided for information purposes only and are not to be construed as legal or other professional advice. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily the opinions of the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
“In Service: 10-8” welcomes your comments or contributions to this newsletter to email@example.com. If you would like to be added to our electronic distribution list, sign up using the link above.
Last updated January 3, 2018