Sign up to receive the 10:8 Newsletter.
Most Recent Issue
- 2018 British Columbia Law Enforcement Memorial
- Offender’s Sentence Doubled For Stabbing Police Officer
- Canadian Police & Peace Officers’ Annual Memorial Service
- Detention Anchored In Safety Concern Not Arbitrary
- General Warrant OK Even If Conventional Warrant Could Have Been Obtained
- Stop Related To Highway Safety: Articulable Cause Not Required
- Inventory Search Authorized By Law: No Charter Breach
- Facts, Figures, Footnotes
- Arrest Unlawful: Officer Failed To Confirm Warrant
- Arrest Made In Good Faith: Evidence Admitted
- Reasonable Grounds Standard Less Than Balance Of Probabilities
- Illicit Drug Overdose Deaths In 2018
Unless otherwise noted all articles are authored by Mike Novakowski, MA, LLM. The articles contained herein are provided for information purposes only and are not to be construed as legal or other professional advice. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily the opinions of the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
“In Service: 10-8” welcomes your comments or contributions to this newsletter to email@example.com. If you would like to be added to our electronic distribution list, sign up using the link above.
Last updated August 29, 2018