Fleet Driver Training
Organizations are increasingly realizing the importance of providing workers the skills to be safe professional drivers. By incorporating strategies and training for road safety, organizations can create a culture of safety, reduce workplace injury and fleet maintenance costs.
There are three basic factors that can prevent crashes:
- Vehicle control
- Interacting safely with traffic and other road users
Driver Education Centre courses are designed to reinforce these principals and emphasize safe driving practice by providing an opportunity for drivers to experience hands-on training in both real world and simulated environments.
Why is fleet driver training important?
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of traumatic workplace deaths in BC accounting for 37 per cent of workplace fatalities every year.
- 23 people die in a workplace motor vehicle crash every year.
- Another 1,290 workers are injured every year.
- Approximately 460 workers miss time from work every workday because of a work-related crash.
(From WorkSafe BC)
Courses & Format
Our courses are organized on a contract basis to companies and various organizations. They can be customized to meet the client’s requirements.
- Collision Avoidance Driving
- Road Sense/Winter Driving
- Total Control Driving
- Driver Assessments
- Emergency Vehicle Driving Regulation (non-Police)
- Occupational Four Wheel Drive Operation
Last updated January 12, 2019