Graduated Licensing Program Instructor Course
Complete a GLP instructor course and get your designation to teach ICBC (GLP) approved training.
Instructors delivering ICBC- approved driver education courses (classroom or practical instruction) must have a GLP designation on their Instructors License. Successful completion of the course enables instructors currently holding a practical license to deliver both in-car and classroom components of ICBC approved driver education courses.
Who Should Take This Course
Driving instructors who want to instruct both theory and practical ICBC-approved new driver training curriculum
Please note completion of GLP Instructors Course is not equivalent to an ICBC Instructors License
The GLP Instructor Course focuses on curriculum content and techniques for leading ICBC-approved driver education courses such as:
- developing lesson plans that include a variety of instructional strategies
- facilitating groups of adult learners in a classroom situation, and
- assessing student progress throughout a course.
There are two types of courses you can take — a five day weekday course or a course that is spread over two weekends.
Weekday course (five days):
- Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and
- Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Weekend course (two weekends):
- Friday, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. and,
- Saturday to Sunday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To complete the course, you'll need to:
- successfully complete all assignments during the course, and
- attend all days of the course — withdrawal or absences will require that the entire course be re-taken. The course fee must be paid each time
Last updated August 30, 2016