One World International Scholarship - LESD International Exchange
Funded by the Irving K Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society, The One World International Scholarship - LESD International Exchange supports LESD students participating in the academic exchange with Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) in Waterford, Ireland.
One scholarship of $4,000 is available.
An applicant will be selected who best meets the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada for at least one year.
- Enrollment in the Law Enforcement Studies Diploma (LESD) program. Preference to students currently enrolled in their second year of studies.
- Demonstrate academic excellence (minimum B average in cumulative GPA and a minimum B average in LESD required English courses).
- Demonstrate commitment to the international learning experience
- A letter of recommendation outlining participation in extracurricular activities, and capacity for representing JIBC and Canada as an ambassador will be considered.
- Students are encouraged to apply to more than one international exchange award (i.e. Law Enforcement Studies Diploma (LESD) International Exchange Scholarship and/or Jim and Vicki Chu Legacy Award); however, selected recipients will be limited to one international exchange award allocation. Multiple Exchange Scholarships cannot be combined.
- March 1
- Download an application form for completion.
- Download the reference form.
- An official transcript to provide proof of academic performance.
- A letter outlining personal goals and community/school involvement
- A 1,000 word essay comprising a minimum of 4 references, illustrating "The pros and cons why the Garda Síochána remains unarmed.” Your essay must be written using APA referencing.
- Shortlisted candidates will conduct a formal presentation to the selection committee relating to their essay as part of the formal application process
- Students will be notified whether or not they have been selected 2-4 weeks after the application deadline. This notification will include information on how funds are disbursed.
Note: Failure to complete all sections of the application form may result in disqualification of your application. Any misrepresentation will result in a penalty which could include, but is not limited to, expulsion from your program, ineligibility to be considered for future awards and forfeit any outstanding awards.
Last updated January 3, 2018